5 Reasons to Join Michigan ASCD
- Professionals belong to professional organizations. ASCD is known both nationally and internationally for its quality.
- Being a member is a great addition to one’s resume.
- Michigan ASCD members enjoy multiple benefits such as access to free electronic books, Main Idea book reviews of current educational literature, and reduced professional learning registration fees.
- Members receive regular newsletters with access to articles, webinars, current updates in education, and information about advocacy involvement.
- The nominal fee of $75 per year makes joining a statewide membership more affordable than ever!
- An e-newsletter that provides key, relevant and critical information on an ongoing basis, MDE updates, available webinars, and updated professional learning opportunities
- Detailed information about our professional learning, state-wide
Quality Professional Learning
- Variety of venues and topics on current educational issues
- Use of acclaimed national and state presenters
- Professional learning topics addressing all the core curricular areas
- Customized professional learning opportunities available
- Sustained professional learning opportunities that can result in Specialty Endorsements
- Opportunity to serve as a member on state-wide education policy-making committees
- Opportunity for participation in Board of Directors, governance and activities of Michigan ASCD
- Ability to influence policy through white papers, surveys , and collaborative work with other organizations across the state
- Opportunity to engage with other state educational leaders also housed at the Michigan Education Leadership Network building
- Legislative tools to respond to educational and legislative trends to help shape state and national policy
- Opportunity to voice concerns through regional representation
Organization of Distinction
- Michigan’s only professional organization that supports leadership, curriculum, instruction and assessment development, K-12
- Award winning publications on targeted issues and concerns in education
- Approved for MDE Specialty Endorsement in Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment for Administrators meeting program requirements
- Winner of ASCD Program, Products and Services Award in 2014
- Past recipients of the 1998 & 2006 ASCD Affiliate Overall Excellence Award
- Member pricing for all Michigan ASCD workshops and events
- Reduced price on ASCD publications
- Joint memberships with other organizations (ASCD & MASA)
- Member pricing on School ADvance Evaluation System
- Complementary Main Idea! subscription for all members
- Networking opportunities that can lead to career advancement
- Free Michigan ASCD member access to free eBooks from the Corwin eLibrary