The Michigan ASCD Instructional Leadership Institute is a four part professional development series led by Debbie McFalone. This program is for new and seasoned instructional leaders, teacher leaders and content consultants. As well as providing insight into effective mentoring and coaching practice, the series will provide a forum for instructional leaders to gather together and dialogue about current issues in the fields of leadership, curriculum and instruction, as well as provide each participant with current and relevant practices and tools.
The overall purpose of this seminar for new and experienced central office instructional leaders, content consultants and teacher leaders is to strengthen their confidence, efficacy and competence for the important work they do in their districts.
Session 2: March 18, 2021 – Skillful Feedback to Foster High Performance
Session 3: April 29, 2021 – Building Your Capacity for Difficult Conversations
Session 4: May 13, 2021 – Change Leadership: The Challenge of Adaptive Change
- NOTE: We will be closely monitoring our current climate with the pandemic, and will be moving to a virtual environment vs. face-to-face as needed.
- All face-to-face sessions take place in the lower level meeting space at Michigan ASCD, located at 1980 College Rd. Mason MI 48854 and include a light breakfast and lunch.
- Each session participants will be eligible for 5 SCECHS
- Member Cost: $550.00 ($500 registration, $50 materials)
- Non-Member Cost: $625.00 ($500 registration, $75 membership, $50 materials)
Debbie, I loved everything about the content.There were times when a couple members spoke at long lengths - however I feel you did all you could in those situations shy of potentially cutting off and/or embarrassing those ladies, and your expert protocols still ensured we all had many opportunities to talk!Cohort 1 Participant
Thank you...Thank you for carefully selecting resources and tools for our "tool box". I learned so much in these 4 sessions and it will take a lifetime to master!Cohort 1 Participant
Keep up your amazing work!I so appreciated your knowledge and sincerity when you presented material and when you gave us the opportunity to use the protocols back at work. You have quite a knack for creating a comfortable learning climate!Cohort 1 Participant