JOB POSTING | Executive Director
Tentative Deadline: November 30, 2021
Position: Executive Director for Michigan Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. This is a part time-time position.
Submit Letter of Interest and Resume electronically to Amber Hall, Board President, Michigan ASCD – firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Overview: The Executive Director of the Michigan Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development serves as the primary liaison for the State organization to its membership, the National ASCD, other state organizations/associations, private consultants, schools districts and vendors. The Executive Director shall be responsible to the Michigan ASCD Executive Board and reports to the president of the Board.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as Chief Operational Officer for Michigan ASCD
- Represent and communicate the mission, beliefs and goals of Michigan ASCD to members/partners within the educational community
- Design, coordinate, and facilitate in collaboration with the Board a comprehensive professional learning plan and execute it throughout the state
- Create and maintain meaningful partnerships which move forward quality teaching and learning for Michigan’s students, including collaboration with organizations such as MDE, MEMSPA, MAC, Learning Forward Michigan, and more.
- Assist in the management of Michigan ASCD operations and implementation of bylaws
- Supervise Michigan ASCD staff
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget
- Facilitate the implementation of projects as directed by the Board
- Support the development of communication tools regularly for the purpose of highlighting Michigan ASCD initiatives statewide and regionally
- Pursue funding opportunities beyond current revenue brought in from memberships and programming
- Deep knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Social Justice Leadership
- Proven ability to build relationships- “multiplier”
- Experienced in School Leadership
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective experience in developing and implementing small and large scale projects or programs
- Experience in coordinating professional learning within and across educational organizations
- Demonstrated skill in working with adult learners
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong writing and oral skills
- Membership with Michigan ASCD and/or ASCD
- Established relationships with professional organizations in Michigan
- Experience with budget development, implementation and monitoring
Salary: This is a part-time, independent contracted position for approximately 15 hours per week, offering a salary of $19,500 annually (approx $25/hour) without benefits. Potential for more hours as we continue pandemic recovery.
Michigan ASCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Download a pdf of this posting here.