Michigan’s Specialty District Level Enhancement Program in Curriculum and Instruction
Developed as a profound program of learning opportunities in the preparation of educator to be excellent curriculum leaders and presented by experiences education leaders with an outstanding reputation for success, this series is aimed at introducing school administrators to a powerful foundation in curriculum.
- To provide a job-embedded, performance based course where participants can apply new learning related to leadership, curriculum, instruction and assessment
- To deepen or enhance participants understanding of the process of leading change in curriculum, instruction and assessment, and involve multiple stakeholders in the process
- To establish a culture for learning and support student achievement
- To obtain the Specialty District Level Curriculum & Instruction Enchancement on your Administrator Certificate
- Increased leadership ability through core content, mentoring, application of knowledge, and reflection of learning in existing professional settings
- Impact change through a two-year, individualized Change Initiative Process, involving a plan of design, action, implementation, and reflection
- To provide a professional network of instructional learners through live sessions, an online discussion forum, and an opportunity for collaboration and the sharing of resources.
60 SCECHs are available pending MDE approval. Developed in line with state guidelines for District Level Curriculum & Instruction Enhancement, on a valid Administrator Certificate.