TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR OWN LEARNING!
As the diversity of Michigan’s school-aged students grows at unprecedented rates, teachers are held accountable for all students reaching the highest levels of achievement and need to find new solutions to challenging academic and socio-emotional issues. To find solutions to these issues, educators must engage in collaborative professional learning. Adaptive challenges require collaborative exploration, discovery and innovation.
A growing body of research indicates that teachers learn best when they collaboratively study problems of practice relevant to their work. Collaborative inquiry unleashes the resourcefulness and creativity of educators to continuously improve their instruction. It situates professional learning in iterative cycles of shared data analysis, practice, dialogue, and reflection around one’s own practice. As an active member of this Collaborative Inquiry Network, you’ll engage in your own inquiry and, together with colleagues, build your capacity to design, facilitate, and evaluate collaborative inquiry in schools.
BY THE END OF THIS EXPERIENCE PARTICIPANTS WILL:
- Recognize the benefits of Collaborative Inquiry.
- Understand what Collaborative Inquiry is, and what it is not.
- Explain the purposes of each step in the Inquiry Cycle.
- Experience steps in the Inquiry Cycle.
- Describe conditions necessary to implement and sustain Collaborative Inquiry.
- Identify Collaborative Inquiry strategies in schools and districts.
SCHEDULED MEETING DATES FOR YEAR ONE:
- August 11, 8:30am – 4:00pm
- September 14, 8:30am – 4:00pm
- October 12, 8:30am – 4:00pm
- November 16, 8:30am – 4:00pm
- January 18, 2018, VIRTUAL MEETING
- February 8, VIRTUAL MEETING
- March 8, 8:30am – 4:00pm
- April 19, 8:30am – 4:00pm
LOCATION for on site sessions:
1980 College Road, Mason, MI 48854
$900 – One year of professional learning
$800 – Early bird special if registered by June 30, 2017
(Price includes all materials, one-year membership with both Learning Forward MI and Michigan ASCD, a light breakfast and lunch. SCECHs pending.)