JOB POSTING | Administrative Coordinator
Tentative Deadline: March 11, 2022
Position: Administrative Coordinator for Michigan Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. This is a part time-time position. Submit Letter of Interest and Resume electronically to Michele Harmala, Executive Director, Michigan ASCD – email@example.com
Position Overview: The ideal candidate should be a motivated self-starter and a strong-performing team player. The individual must also exhibit a high level of technical ability, professional commitment to see projects to a successful completion, as well as demonstrate dedication, initiative, flexibility and sensitivity to organizational culture. With superior attention to detail and advanced organizational and multitasking skills, this individual should also be able to work under time deadlines.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handles logistics and communications for flagship professional learning programs (Curriculum Leaders Institute & Instructional Leadership Institute) professional learning workshops, meetings and retreats (including meeting reminders, responding to questions, organizing materials, coordinating with facilitators, etc.).
- Prepares materials including electronic messages and communications, letters, memorandums, agendas, meeting minutes, reports, summaries, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Receives and handles inquiries, correspondence, and requests directed to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Functions as an extension of the Executive Director by anticipating needs and proactively addressing issues.
- Facilitates effective communication between the Executive Director, staff, Board Members and other stakeholders.
- Oversees general office organization and collaborates to execute projects and coordinate work flow.
- Works with Executive Director to prepare Board of Directors meetings.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience required. Association or non-profit background with member experience preferred.
- Dedication to promoting educational leadership in teaching and learning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proofreading.
- Integrity, confidentiality, and a collaborative spirit.
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills.
- Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt easily.
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including proficiency with and the ability to troubleshoot MS Office applications, basic website editing, and social media management.
This is a part-time, independent contracted position for approximately 10 – 15 hours per week, offering a salary of $16,000 – $19,500 annually (approx $25/hour) without benefits. Potential for more hours as we continue pandemic recovery.
Michigan ASCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.